SuperTank SuperTank

Terrific

I've waited for ages for this to come out, and the finished product is excellent! This deserved a far better score. The graphics were absolutely brilliant - slightly in the flathead style of Paladin - but ignore all of the reviews saying it was a complete rip off of them, they still retain originality. Coding was awesome there Snubby. Great work both of you! 10/10.

Newgrounds Pass 2 Newgrounds Pass 2

Very nice!

I liked the overall experience of playing this: the music works really well and you used the level icons to good effect. The actual questions were easy enough without being completely obvious (though I only got up to the MorrowDays one!) and I liked all the various NG-centric ideas (such as the angry faic, though it didn't shock me since I knew it was coming :D). Fived.

Nicholas-Deary responds:

lol, thank you very much. I loved making the angry face level and making him look all stupid!

The Final Dare The Final Dare

Brilliant stuff

Loved the atmospheric nature of this; the music, the scenes and the grainy effect on everything. The sound effects and animation are striking, and the whole thing has quite a Bioshock feel. Great work!

Mechabloby responds:

In b4 b-b-b-b-bioshock

Snow Throw Snow Throw

Loved it!

Really fun game, I thought many of the aspects of it worked wonderfully - though I noticed one common actionscript glitch; the player sticks to your mouse when you aren't holding down the left button sometimes. Otherwise, I found the art to be up to scratch, and the actionscript was well coded, so well done to the author!

Dinosaur Hunter Hunter Dinosaur Hunter Hunter

Really nice!

You've produced a really nice, enjoyable game here, congratulations on that. However, it's got a few bad points I think I should mention as constructive criticism.

First, the frame rate is a bit too slow, and the gameplay should be faster and more gripped. Also, I think the game could benefit with a few better graphics; I like the over-head style, but add some lighting and darkening to the characters and the environment. My final point would be about the hunters; you could really emphasise their attack, and yet they just seem to float over to the dinosaurs casually. Try to make them seem really attacking and brutal.

But anyway, I think what you've got here is great; the actionscript works all pretty well, and it all flows good. Nice!

Celes' Male Dress-Up Celes' Male Dress-Up

Good art, bad idea.

There are now so many dress up games on Newgrounds, couldn't you think of something original? Your art skills are pretty good, why not try a cartoon? That'd be a better submission. Anyway, 6/10 - because you included a lot of different options and for the art. You made a good job of a dress-up game, despite it being a lousy idea.

Chibi-Celes responds:

Well, I'm not the most used to Flash and I don't have time for a full cartoon right now. But I am hoping to do one as soon as I can.

I basically did a dress-up because I've just always been fond of them, provided they have a good amount of effort. Plus, I found a pretty good tutorial on them. My ActionScripting is terrible. =/

Arctic Showdown Arctic Showdown

Good game, too repetitive.

Nice idea and graphics and all, but way too repetitive. It was just the same thing: wait till the aeroplane isn't overhead, then quickly click the whale untill you're over the iceburg, then repeat. Try making the game get gradually faster, or add new obstacles. 2.5/5

Monster Master Monster Master

Ohhhh so unfortunate!

This is a prime example of just how badly a Flash can be ruined without music or sound! The game itself was excellent. Just excellent. Great graphics for those drawn pictures on the cards, UBER-coded, great idea... But music is so essential and this Flash really hits that point. I'm sure people will be impressed with it enough to give it a great score, though.

Capsules 138 levels Capsules 138 levels

Beautiful, addictive, well-thought out... an instant classic. The combination of your seemless actionscripting, professional design skills and ideas produce one killer game. I fiven'd this, hope it gets front page. Looking forward to some more classic submissions from you in future. Good luck :]

jptsetung responds:

Wow, thanks. If only one person like the game like you, I am satisfied, even if the res of the world hate it :) . Bye

Desert Storm Desert Storm

Brilliant! Great graphics - nicely drawn terrain and helicopters, I also thought the explosions worked really well. The sound gave the game a speedy edge that it needed, and was well-suited. The interactivity was great, the AI and everything, though one point I didn't like was that you would blow up if you hit another helicopter. Otherwise, great success! Fiven'd.